On the way to Beas Kund
+(5% GST)per pax (Manali to Manali)
The trek to Beas Kund is one of the most beautiful short trek in Himachal Pradesh. From Solang Nallah, the route winds through the famous Solang Valley. Solang valley is famous for its ski slopes & Para gliding. On this trek you will see amazing views of lush green meadows,glaciers and snow-capped mountain peaks. The trail goes via Dhundi and Bakarthach to enter the Beas Kund glacier, the birthplace of the River Beas.This is an enjoyable and Moderate level trek. It is recommended for both beginners as well as experienced.
Height of the Trek 12,140 Feet
Vacation Style 12-45 Years of Age
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Medium Groups
Duration 5 Days
Km One Way
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners from Manali to Manali (VEG)
- Transport from Manali-Manali base camp & Manali base camp-Solang & Solang-Manali
- All accommodation from Manali to Manali
- All campaign equipments
- Medical Kit
- Professional Trek Leaders (Experienced Guide/Staff)
- All forests permits
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Mules (A Hybrid Animal) to carry personal luggage
- Last Day Accommodation & Dinner is not included
- Single room accommodations
- Hard Drinks (This also includes undistilled fermented beverages)
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
Things To Carry
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woolen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woolen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- Sun Glass
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Poncho ( The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack 60 ltr (+ Rain cover)
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibactial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
Medicines To Carry
- Crocin (1Strip)
- Disprine (1 Strip)
- Lomotive (1 Strip)
- Digene (1Strip)
- Band Aid - Qty 5
- Neusphorine Powder
- Betadine Tube
- Vomistop/Avomine (Motion Sickness Tablet)
Manali to Manali base camp (Katerni) - 8 km | 6732 Ft
The fascinating Bhrigu Lake Trek commences from the city of Manali in Himachal Pradesh. The destination for the day is to reach the first campsite, the Katerni evening time. Onward journey from Manali is scheduled at 2pm so travelers are requested to reach the destination by morning time. In Manali, there are several prominent sightseeing spots like Hadimba Devi Temple, Tibetan Monastery, Mall road etc since it is one of the preferred tourist spots of the country. Spending some time in Manali, the schedule is to be at the Manali bus stop by 2pm where our representative will cordially welcome you and help fetch a drive to Katerni from where the trekking trip commences. This is almost a drive of 08 kms distance and it takes about 40 mins to reach the camp site by 3:00 to 3.30 it is expected to reach katerni.
Katerni to Dundi via Solang - 8 km | 9000 Ft
Early morning after breakfast drive to the Solang valley. Trek starts from Solang valley being the first leg of the trek. Solang boasts of some of the best skiing slopes of India and is the starting point of many treks in Himachal Pradesh. Gradually ascending from the valley for around 8 km, the trail follows river Beas, many times crossing the stream from one side to the other, getting us to Dhundi. The quaint little mountain hamlet that has nothing to offer save scenic beauty and resonating silence, Dhundi is another alpine meadow full of wild flowers. Set up camp for overnight stay.
Dundi to Bakarthach - 5 km | 10800 Ft
Today 5 km long trek takes us over loosely held boulders and moraines of a dying glacier at places. We continue up to a scenic campsite at the pastures of Bakarthach which is a high-altitude meadow and literally means 'shepherd's field'. These enchanting meadows are very popular pastures for the Gaddis – a hardy nomadic tribe of shepherds, and it's easy to find flocks of sheep grazing peacefully in this pastoral idyll. These sun and wind swept meadows will be a feast for your senses. Overnight stay in tents.
Bakarthach to Beas Kund & Back - 6 km | 12140 Ft
An early start to the day and a short climb up the ridge through Bhoj Patr will get us to Beas Kund. Bhoj Patr gets its name from the fact that the area has a lot of Bhoj Patr (birch) trees. We will spend time here at the glacial tarn of Beas Kund – the source of one of the major rivers of north India. The legend is that Sage Vyas, the author of the great epic Mahabharata, meditated here. After a full day of excursion in the Beas Kund plateau, we will come back to Bakarthach in the evening.
Bakarthach to Beas Kund & Back - 14 km | 6732 Ft
After breakfast we start our return trek to Solang; we will take the same route through Dhundi. On getting down, we'll board the vehicle waiting for us which will get us to Manali. End of the trek. From here, one can either catch a bus back home the same day or spend some more time in Manali and explore the town and nearby places.
- Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, which costs about Rs. 700- Rs1000. Bhuntar is well connected to Delhi by air. The airliners that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, Kingfisher airlines, MDLR Airlines and Jagson Airlines, operating flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu.
Manali is well connected to Delhi. Take an overnight bus from Delhi and you will reach Manali in 12 - 14 hours. Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in.
Tip: Since Delhi Manali is a long journey most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last govt bus leaves at 8.30pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Manali to Delhi Like the onward journey, buses leave from Manali to Delhi between 4 and 5 p.m. Your tentative arrival at Delhi may be anywhere between 6 a.m and 10 a.m. Plan your onward journeys only post noon giving enough buffer for bus delays.
|Departure Dates Confirmed Dates||Trip Status Trip Status||Batches 2018-2019|
Will resume from may