On the top of Darwa Pass
Dodital is a freshwater lake in Uttarakhand, India. This is a mostly gentle trek, with overnight halt options at the village of Agora or Bebra. According to one of the popular legends Lord Ganesha chose this place as his abode. There is a temple devoted to Lord Ganesha here. Another name for this lake is 'Dhundital' meaning Ganesh ka tal or lake of Ganesha.
Height of the Trek 13,300 Feet
Vacation Style 12-45 Years of Age
Activity Level Easy to Moderate
Group Size Medium Groups
Duration 7 Days
Km One Way
The transportation cost from Dehradun to Uttarkashi and back will have to be borne by the trekkers, the total cost of transportation one way is (to be shared among 5-6 people, i.e INR 3,500/- approx INR 700/- per person one way) – to be paid directly to the driver.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners from Uttarkashi to Uttarkashi (VEG)
- All accommodation from Uttarkashi to Uttarkashi
- All campaign equipments
- Medical Kit
- Professional Trek Leaders (Experienced Guide/Staff)
- All forests permits
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Transport from Dehradun-Uttarkashi & Uttarkashi-Dehradun
- All Meals from Dehradun-Uttarkashi & Uttarkashi-Dehradun
- Mules (A Hybrid Animal) to carry personal luggage
- Single room accommodations
- Hard Drinks (This also includes undistilled fermented beverages)
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
Things To Carry
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woolen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woolen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- Sun Glass
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Poncho ( The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack 60 ltr (+ Rain cover)
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibactial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
Medicines To Carry
- Crocin (1Strip)
- Disprine (1 Strip)
- Lomotive (1 Strip)
- Digene (1Strip)
- Band Aid - Qty 5
- Neusphorine Powder
- Betadine Tube
- Vomistop/Avomine (Motion Sickness Tablet)
Dehradun to Uttarkashi - 170 km | 4000 Ft
Assemble at the Dehradun Railway station by 6.30 AM. A drive takes one to Uttarkashi along the narrow Ganga and Bhagirathi valleys. The road goes past the sacred confluence of The Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers at Devprayag where there is a Lord Rama temple called the Raghunath Mandir visited by the great Hindu philosopher - Adi Shankaracharya in 300CE. Uttarkashi is a town located in the wide Bhagirati valley, and has been a centre for learning and religion since the days of the Vedas! This sacred town has been home to some very famous sages and saints. The name of the town refects its similarity to and location (as north of) the city of Kashi (Varanasi). Overnight in hotel.
Uttarkashi to Bhebra via Sangam Chatti - 8 km | 7500 Ft
Set out for Sangam Chatti after breakfast on a half an hour drive. This is the starting point of the trek. From Sangam Chatti the trail is well marked and climbs to the true right of the valley and continues to the village of Agoda. From this point it is a 2 kilometer trek to the settlement at Bhebra - an idellic village set near a gushing mountain stream, and full of green fields growing potatoes, beans and the famous Rajma. Relax the aching muscles and straining backs, with a refreshing cup of tea, and a warm sleeping bag. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Bhebra to Dodital - 15 km | 10900 Ft
Ascending a zig zaging path and gaining altitude slowly, the gradual climb to Dodital is a shade milder than the previous day's backbreaking climb. The view become more and more attractive and scenic with every step taken towards the famed lake. The trail becomes very spectacular, as the mountain transforms into a vertical cliff face, and the Asi Ganga looks like a thin thread snaking through its course in the valley below. The vertical drop of more than a thousand feet presents an unforgettable sight. A final descent and the presence of trees heralds the approach to the Dodital lake- known for the Brown Trout, and its religious significance. Overnight stay in Tents/ Rest house.
Dodital to Darwa Pass & Back to Dodital - 5 km | 13300 Ft
Early in the morning trek up to Darwa Top with packed breakfasts. The walk to Darwa top is 5 kms. The entire walk is an uphill climb. It starts with the climb along the feeder to Dodital breaking into a thick birch forest opening into the high meadows. A perfect setting for Himalayan wild flowers, Darwa top offers an amphi-theatre view of the Bandarpunch and Swargarohini range of peaks, and is the watershed for rivers Yamuna and Asi Ganga. Absorb the breathtaking views and start the downhill walk to reach the campsite for the hot lunch. One can also spend this day sipping tea, catching up with the local tales, walking around the lake sighting birds or just observing the clear waters of the lake with the trout making an occasional appearance. After exploring the Darwa Top trek back to Dodital for dinner and overnight stay.
Dodital to Bhebra - 15 km | 10900 Ft
After breakfast trek down till Bhebra- a swift descent of 15 kms, retracing the same path back, but this time without the sweat and pain. Overnight camp at Bhebra.
Bhebra to Uttarkashi via Sangam Chatti - 8 km | 4000 Ft
We drive back to Uttarkashi.
Uttarkashi to Dehradun - 170 km
We drive back to Dehradun.
- Jolly Grant Airport is the airport serving Dehradun, located about 25 km from the city. There is a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun
(Take the overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi)
- Nandadevi Express - Train no: 12205 (Departure 11:50pm; Arrival - 5:40am)
- Dehradun Express - Train no: 12687 (Departure - 9:10pm; Arrival - 5:00am)
There is regular bus service from Delhi for Dehradun from Delhi ISBT Kashmere Gate. Usually buses drop you at Dehradun ISBT. From there you have to come to Dehradun Railway Station.
- Vehicles are available for pick-up from Dehradun Railway Station at 6:30am
- You will reach Sankri by 5:00 pm
|Departure Dates Confirmed Dates||Trip Status Trip Status||Batches 2018-2019|
Will update soon